Master email marketing fundamentals. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 2!

Exporting Contact List - Confirmed Opt-Out Date Column and Contact Database

SeanO26
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi, I noticed that after I export a contact list to excel that within the column, "Confirmed Opt-Out Date" there are some dates for a few of my contacts...however these contacts are still in my database to email? Shouldn't these automatically be taken out of your database as to not accidently email them? Or I am I miss understanding this column? 

Thanks for any clarification!

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SeanO26 ,

We handle removing the contacts from lists and setting their permission status to unsubscribed, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally sending to them afterwards, nor have to worry about them impacting your billingWe maintain a record of your unsubscribed contacts on the backend, so you are free to export and/or delete them from your account if you prefer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SeanO26
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks William, 

I am seeing many of my contacts that have a date within the "Confirmed Opt-Out Date" column that also are "Active" in the "Email Status" column. And after viewing the details of one of these contacts and reviewing the "Engagement" , recent activity shows that emails were sent to this contact that shows a date in the "Confirmed Opt-Out Date" column. So...still a little confused on what the "Confirmed Opt-Out Date" column means. Thanks for your help! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If they're actively subscribed and have an opt-out date, that would typically indicate their most recent unsubscribe action was on that date, but they've since resubscribed. At this time, any contacts that have interacted with the unsubscribe link in an email, even if they didn't follow through, would also have info for the opt-out date field.

In either regard, the opt-out date only really needs to be focused on in regards to unsubscribed contacts.

William A
SeanO26
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks again William! How would you interpret this contact from the following contact report:

SeanO26_0-1727727313452.png

How would you approach this contact? 

Thanks again!

William_A
Administrator

Since there's no opt-out source, and their status is currently Active and implied permission, this would mean they're a fully subscribed contact at this time.

William A

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge: Week 2 - Designing the Perfect Email

Learn how to create emails to effectively engage with your audience and drive the results you want.

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST