Facebook posts

SOLVED
Go to solution
ESPLF2021
Rookie
0 Votes

I can't figure out how to edit my Facebook posts so that they look good. They are cut short, and I can't get to them to edit them through Constant Contact. I create them from a campaign post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ESPLF2021 ,

I'd recommend referencing these articles while constructing your Facebook posts:

There's some important aspects of Facebooks to keep in mind for your posts:

• Facebook has a hard cap of 63,206 characters on a single post. This is indicated by a number by the Facebook icon above the text block where you're entering the text for the post. 
  • Facebook has a hard cap of 30 images in a single post. If you're needing to link a fuller album, it's advisable that you upload the album directly to Facebook (or another cloud drive), and then copy the URL for the album into your post so it'll be linked.

If you're sharing an email on Facebook, I generally advise that customers turn off the link preview functionality, as these functions tend to pull an unrelated or blurry image of our logo, in the same way that they pull the logos of cloud drives when linked to. Another option would be to include at least one image with the post, such as your logo or one of the main images from the email, as this should overwrite the link preview functionality that Facebook defaults to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ESPLF2021 ,

I'd recommend referencing these articles while constructing your Facebook posts:

There's some important aspects of Facebooks to keep in mind for your posts:

• Facebook has a hard cap of 63,206 characters on a single post. This is indicated by a number by the Facebook icon above the text block where you're entering the text for the post. 
  • Facebook has a hard cap of 30 images in a single post. If you're needing to link a fuller album, it's advisable that you upload the album directly to Facebook (or another cloud drive), and then copy the URL for the album into your post so it'll be linked.

If you're sharing an email on Facebook, I generally advise that customers turn off the link preview functionality, as these functions tend to pull an unrelated or blurry image of our logo, in the same way that they pull the logos of cloud drives when linked to. Another option would be to include at least one image with the post, such as your logo or one of the main images from the email, as this should overwrite the link preview functionality that Facebook defaults to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST