Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

First emails 64 percent opened in minutes

LisaJ078
Rookie

Hello I just joined at around 10pm my time.  I sent out my first email to 113 contacts a little after 11pm and something like 109 were able to be sent. Around midnight I checked my stats and it says 64% were opened and 54% were clicked. These were sent to people at various  local companies. 

I think it’s impossible it’s even close to thiis at this hour I would be lucky if I got even a couple realistically. Can someone help?

1 REPLY 1
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LisaJ078,

Thank you for looking into this. If the contacts network or email system has a security feature that automatically opens and clicks links in emails to check for malicious content, it can generate this type of data. You will notice it when those contacts click on all the poll choices at once, usually within 1-2 minutes of receiving the email.

Our developers are always working to find which programs use this feature, so they can set our system to ignore them. If the click rates keep going crazy, you can reach out to our support team or our tech pros for help. They can chat with you on the phone and check out the emails to see if there's any more info we can get, or figure out if there's a pattern with the contacts' domains that are clicking like bots.

Hope this helps!

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST