Greeting with first name in email

SOLVED
Go to solution
NickCC
Rookie
0 Votes

If I want to insert a greeting with just first name, do I need to pull from a spreadsheet which has last name as well? I have only email address and first name in spreadsheet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NickCC ,

When you insert a greeting tag into an email, as long as there is some kind of info in the contact's first name field, our system will include that. Last name would only be expected if you also wanted to include the last name in the greeting. Otherwise, if no data for a contact's first name field is present, the contact will see the secondary greeting you set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NickCC ,

When you insert a greeting tag into an email, as long as there is some kind of info in the contact's first name field, our system will include that. Last name would only be expected if you also wanted to include the last name in the greeting. Otherwise, if no data for a contact's first name field is present, the contact will see the secondary greeting you set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST