[January 23, 2024] Microsoft Office 365/Outlook Protection delivery quarantine and link errors

JennyC342
Campaign Expert

I sent an email to my internal staff list (1,200 names) this morning that never reached people. CC support said there is an outage affecting Outlook domains. Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea how long this will take to resolve? We have authenticated our domain.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone,

This issue is being considered resolved by the devs, as yesterday Microsoft release the quarantined emails, and made the necessary changes to Outlook Protection.

If you're continuing to have general delivery issues, we'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly.

15 REPLIES 15
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JennyC342 ,

The primary issue is Outlook Protection erroneously quarantining or distrusting the link tracking rewrites. Our ISP relations team is working to address this with Microsoft. If the issue has been tracked to your account already, then you'll be notified when the issue is resolved. We do not have an ETA on this at this time.

If your organization's emails are also being held up, the devs are advising that you request your IT Department to check the network / secuirty's Quarantine and mark all messages from you as safe, and release from quarantine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JennyC342
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Thank you, William_A.

KIHd
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
This is happening again. We are getting the following message when we click on links in our newsletters: "This website is classified as malicious."
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KIHd ,

The primary issue is Outlook Protection erroneously quarantining or distrusting the link tracking rewrites. Our ISP relations team is working to address this with Microsoft.

If your organization's emails are also being held up, the devs are advising that you request your IT Department to check the network / security's Quarantine, mark all messages from you as safe that you tried to send, and release them from quarantine.

William A
JennyC342
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

If I'm sending from Constant Contact and the emails aren't coming into my organization, will the advice you mentioned above work? We're all on Outlook.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If your organization's emails are also being held up, the devs are advising that you request your IT Department to check the network / secuirty's Quarantine and mark all messages from you as safe, and release from quarantine.

William A
SheriS356
Rookie

I am having the same problem.  I sent out a campaign this morning to 195 people and only people without outlook are getting the campaign. 

JennyC342
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I can't send email at all because of this. My list is all Outlook users.

MountUnion
Rookie
0 Votes

We are having the same issue with email to employees as all are Outlook users. Has this issue been remedied, or how will we be notified when it is fixed?

JennyC342
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Yes, can we please have an update? I can't send any emails at all until this is resolved. Are we looking at multiple days/weeks to resolve? Are other services experiencing the same issue or is it just Constant Contact?

KIHd
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

The links in our email newsletters are opening in Outlook this morning. Has the issue been resolved? If so, thanks so much!!

JennyC342
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Once this is resolved will I need to send the email that didn't reach my list again or will it finally go through on its own?

MartinK00
Campaign Contributor

We just started receiving the eblast released yesterday morning within the last 20 minutes... would be great to know if this was a full resend by CC or if this is the original making it's way through now. We did nothing on our side. Also not buying that this was an issue just with Outlook as multiple Gmail users did not receive the message yesterday either.

MartinK00
Campaign Contributor

Still no email received by my Gmail account. Having a hard time reaching Sergey Brin to direct Google's "...IT Department to check the network/secuirty's Quarantine and mark all messages from you as safe, and release from quarantine..." but will keep trying.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

This issue is being considered resolved by the devs, as yesterday Microsoft release the quarantined emails, and made the necessary changes to Outlook Protection.

If you're continuing to have general delivery issues, we'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST