Keeping email lists current

SOLVED
Go to solution
FirstNameL43342
Rookie
0 Votes

I am starting an email newsletter for the university I work at that will be sent to students, faculty and staff. There is a lot of turnover here, so wondering the best process for keeping lists current (not continuing to send to unenrolled students, retired faculty, etc). We also want members of the community to be able to subscribe to this email, so I can't delete all contacts and reload an internal list.  Recommendations on how to approach?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @FirstNameL43342 , 

I would recommend compiling a list of people you want to remove from the system. You can do this in an excel sheet, or a .txt file. From there, you can do one of two things. If you want to delete the contacts but not unsubscribe them, you can import them into a new list, and delete the contacts from that list. That will remove them from your account entirely, from all lists. If you wanted to unsubscribe them so you couldn't accidentally add them back in the future, you could upload an unsubscribed file of contacts

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @FirstNameL43342 , 

I would recommend compiling a list of people you want to remove from the system. You can do this in an excel sheet, or a .txt file. From there, you can do one of two things. If you want to delete the contacts but not unsubscribe them, you can import them into a new list, and delete the contacts from that list. That will remove them from your account entirely, from all lists. If you wanted to unsubscribe them so you couldn't accidentally add them back in the future, you could upload an unsubscribed file of contacts

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST