Linked PayPal to an event to collect payments is not working.

SOLVED
Go to solution
AMariaT
Rookie
0 Votes
Paypal has been approved and linked fully as far as I can tell. Landing page works beautifully until one tries to pay. Buyer clicks on either the PayPal or Debit/Credit Card to pay and an message pops up reading "Sorry, there was an error processing your payment. Please try again." NOTE: it never takes the buyer to any fields to input their card info, nor does it direct them to PayPal. What have I missed in set-up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AMariaT
Rookie
0 Votes
William,

I just discovered the issue!
On the "ticket" set-up inside the "event" setup, I had too much wording for PayPal. They will not allow any more than a simple statement on a ticket. I also removed the " (quotation marks) in the name on the ticket just to ensure no hiccups.
The live test payment then processed!
Immediately after the payment processed and registration completed, PayPal sent me a message stating they needed more information about my business. The request was for my website URL. I do not use a website as my business is new and I am using Constant Contact, so I sent them my Registration/Landing Page URL. Hope this is is not rejected!

Thank you for your service!
Maria (new to Constant Contact)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AMariaT ,

Our higher level technical team has taken on your case to investigate further, and see if they can pull logs for that specific error, or to see what we're getting from PayPal that's resulting in that issue. They'll be reaching out to your account's main address within the next 4 business days with an update.

In the meantime, when we've seen this issue occur before, it's been from two sources:

1. For whatever reason, which our devs are investigating, sometimes including "quotation marks" in an event's title will cause payment to error out with that message. I tested in your account, to see if removing the quotations from the event title and campaign name would resolve the issue. Removing them did not resolve the issue.
  2. The other times this has occurred, it's been because PayPal rejected the setup for the payment because of some issue with the PayPal account. In these instances, the customer who'd setup PayPal as a payment source for an event had to reach out to PayPal's support, to see what the issue with their account was that needed addressing, or to see what piece of information was missing to allow the connection / payment processing.

While our Tier 2 team continues to investigate your particular event and pull logs, I'd advise reaching out to PayPal support. They'd be able to check if anything is missing in your account setup for 3rd party functionality, or if there's a setting that needs to be toggled to allow your event to utilize their payment processing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AMariaT
Rookie
0 Votes
William,

I just discovered the issue!
On the "ticket" set-up inside the "event" setup, I had too much wording for PayPal. They will not allow any more than a simple statement on a ticket. I also removed the " (quotation marks) in the name on the ticket just to ensure no hiccups.
The live test payment then processed!
Immediately after the payment processed and registration completed, PayPal sent me a message stating they needed more information about my business. The request was for my website URL. I do not use a website as my business is new and I am using Constant Contact, so I sent them my Registration/Landing Page URL. Hope this is is not rejected!

Thank you for your service!
Maria (new to Constant Contact)
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the follow-up. I'll add this to the notes of your case, so the Tier 2 agents investigating are aware of another potential source for this error message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST