Managing Multiple Lists in Wordpress

NPSNJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there, we have an organization with multiple chapters, each of which has a newsletter. Members may select more than one. I would like to set up a form for members on our Wordpress site to manage these lists. It's easy enough to set it up to add members to lists. The problem is, sometimes somebody signed up for too many lists and wants to pare them down. For example, Michael lives in Morris County and there wasn't a chapter there last year so he signed up for emails from 3 nearby chapters. Now there is a chapter there, so he wants to sign up for it, but doesn't want to hear about the other three. One effective method is to have Michael click "update profile" on an email from us, but that isn't terribly intuitive. Even if we could find ways to give logged in users access to the "https://visitor.constantcontact.com" page that allows management, that would be fine. Is there any way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NPSNJ ,

If they want to change their list membership without using the Update Profile link, they can always use the same form they originally sign up for, and submit it without the one list selected. Additionally, any list options you have active for your Update Profile will be reflected as an alternative to fully unsubscribing when a contact is going through the unsubscription confirmation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
NPSNJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,

We are using this form, https://npsnj.org/subscribe-to-our-email-newsletter/. It uses the WPForms CC integration. 

I double-checked before contacting you and just checked again. Submitting it without the one list selected does not remove me from it.

Perhaps this is a problem with the WPForms integration. I can contact them about it. 

Are there other integrations that might work better for us? Or a signup form we can put on our site?

Or even a way to get the link for individuals to visit.constantcontact.com  ?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, there's nothing that would allow your contacts to be able to access your account to manage their lists. The current options are using either sign up forms, the Update Profile link, the Unsubscription link, or by you manually removing them from a list.

Wordpress doesn't allow outside scripting, so only the integration form would be compatible with your site as far as coded forms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST