Opt in for third-party list

MarcF388
Campaign Collaborator

Hi. I'm new to CC. I'm looking to import a third-party list for sending those people our client's newsletter. I understand your policies about first getting their opt-in. I thought I read in CC's help materials that an email can be sent out requesting that those people opt-in. Is that correct? Can you point me to instructions for sending such an email? 

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MarcF388 ,

Correct, this would be an automated function if the account importing the contacts has advanced email permissions turned on. Once turned on, the Confirm Opt-In email will be available for editing, and will send automatically to new sign-ups. If you're importing the contacts, you can still manually send the (re)Confirm Opt-In to them after the import, which will place them in Awaiting Confirmation permission status, until they've clicked the link in the Confirm Opt-In email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MarcF388
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you William! That's what I thought I read but I couldn't find it again. I'll click through the links that you've provided and will get back to you if I have more questions. Hope to import the third-party list and do the opt-in email this later this week!

MarcF388
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

William, I have a few questions if you can please assist. We've been retained under contract by a California county to prepare and send an official monthly newsletter to residents of their county.

I'd like to discuss with someone at Constant Contact via a phone call best practices for correctly notifying email newsletter that this is an official newsletter, including the way we fill out header/footer fields including in the opt-in and welcome emails.

Similarly, we're going  to create a website with landing pages that the newsletter will link to, for more information. Given the suggestions for understanding email authentication, I'm considering using our own authentication. We cannot use the client's authentication so I want to get suggestions for best practices from your company's perspective as a consultant to that public agency.

With that background, how can I arrange a call with someone at Constant Contact?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MarcF388 ,

As far as discussing authentication best practices for your particular setup, I'd recommend calling our Delivery team directly.

If you're wanting to schedule a call, I'd recommend replying to the automated @ mention email you receive from my response here, or by emailing us with the account and callback case info mentioned in our Email Authentication FAQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MarcF388
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you William! I'll ring them tomorrow and read through the tech stuff. Oyyy. That part is painful, LOL.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST