Recipients are receiving emails, but are unable to access links

FirstNameL188902
Rookie
0 Votes

I have heard from several recipients that they are getting an error message when clicking links that are sent via Constant Contact, but if I send them the exact link I've inputted in my email via outlook, they are able to access. The link issue seems to arise when actually sent via constant contact. Any help or suggestions on how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL188902 ,

Are they able to provide the exact error message they're receiving? Just based on your initial description, it sounds like it may be caused by an ad/pop-up blocker, VPN, browser extension, or some other network/security program erroneously blocking the click-track rewrite.

If this is the situation, it would result in an error page when affected contacts try to go to your link in the email, but not when you send them the original URL the rewrite is trying to redirect them to. The only real way to resolve this would be to safelist our domains in whatever program is causing the issue, and would be typically done on a case-by-case basis. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST