SMS texting

SOLVED
Go to solution
theatre
Rookie
0 Votes
When a customer signs up to receive text messages they receive a Welcoming them to receive recurring news and promo texts the phone number that is shown on the top of the text message is not the company phone number. Why is that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @theatre ,

I think a few words got left out of your post, but from what I'm gathering you're confused on why your SMS send number is different from your company's number? When you register and are approved for SMS, you are given a dedicated phone number compatible with the SMS system. This number will be based off the number you provided for your support number when registering.

For more info on how the 10 DLC / dedicated SMS numbers, please see this article on SMS guidelines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @theatre ,

I think a few words got left out of your post, but from what I'm gathering you're confused on why your SMS send number is different from your company's number? When you register and are approved for SMS, you are given a dedicated phone number compatible with the SMS system. This number will be based off the number you provided for your support number when registering.

For more info on how the 10 DLC / dedicated SMS numbers, please see this article on SMS guidelines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST