Announcing Campaign Builder!

Send birthday wishes to two people (a couple) with the same email address

user82014
Rookie
0 Votes

Good day,

I have some clients who are a couple and I wish to send them a separate birthday wish but they have the same email address as part of my contacts.  How can I separate their birthdate while being on the same contact?  If I were to create two separate contacts with the same email address, I would run into the same problem.  I tried creating a custom field but I am not really sure how to convert it APK  into a separate line item.

Example:  they also have two separate birthdays but they have the same email address.  If I send a birthday wish to Alain, I also want to send a birthday wish to Marjorie as well, but the same email address prevents me.

Can you help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user82014 ,

Using a custom field won't make a difference. Only the default birthday field as built-in for the system will be able to trigger a birthday automation, and since there's only one per unique contact (email address), you won't be able to have multiple active on a single contact. In general, it's best to have only one person per email address, since unique email addresses are what determine unique contacts and associated insert-contact-detail functionalities for emails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST