Switching between multiple social media accounts for the same platform

WeemsPlath1
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm trying to connect our Instagram accounts to Constant Contact (CC). I currently have all of our Facebook pages added to CC and when I was going through all of the permission windows to set them up, I opted in for CC to access our two Instagram accounts (which I confirmed are connected to our Facebook business pages). However, when I go to create a social media post in CC, it will only show me profiles and previews for our Facebook pages and when I look at our social media accounts in CC, it says there are 3 active Facebook accounts and 0 active Instagram accounts. So when I clicked "Connect a Profile" for Instagram, I was able to see my Facebook profile image but zero connected Instagram profiles. So I logged out of Facebook and tried again but I keep getting tossed to back to the same Facebook setup windows that I first encountered when I set up the Facebook pages in CC. It wasn't this difficult to set up all our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages . What the h*** am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @WeemsPlath1 ,

Have you tried the following troubleshooting step to reset the API changes?

1. Disconnect the affected social media account(s) from our side (Facebook and Insta if available to DC)
  2. Disconnect our app from the affected social media business account
  3. Reconnect from our side

If you're still encountering issues when trying to connect your Insta pages, I'd advise calling our general support for live troubleshooting, or reaching out to Meta's support to see if there's anything in the business manager or on the Instagram accounts that'd be blocking 3rd party app access.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST