View Event-Related Email Poll Results

SOLVED
Go to solution
wearegenh
Rookie

Hi! We sent a follow up email to attendees of an event, by using an event-related email campaign, and insterting the poll function into that email. How do we view the results? The information we found says to view it by looking at the Marketing Campaigns --> Email page, however, event-related email campaigns don't show up there. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @wearegenh ,

At this time event emails' reporting will only be accessible via those specific drilldowns, they won't have an overview page for details and metrics (including poll and RSVP blocks) like regular emails. If you're needing to be able to view this kind of information, I'd advise building the follow-up email for the event outside of the event in the meantime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
William_A
Administrator

Hello @wearegenh ,

At this time event emails' reporting will only be accessible via those specific drilldowns, they won't have an overview page for details and metrics (including poll and RSVP blocks) like regular emails. If you're needing to be able to view this kind of information, I'd advise building the follow-up email for the event outside of the event in the meantime.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

William A., is there a way for Constant Contact to send the email creator the results of the event-related poll? I would not have used a poll in the event email if I would have known I would not be able to view the results. It is quite frustrating.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, they'd need to be at least an Account Manager on the account to be able to view the email's reporting page. Otherwise, that data would need to be sent to them from someone with manager or owner access to the account.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William. 

I'm the account owner. My staff are account managers. One of my staff sent a follow-up email to participants at an event and included a survey in that email. Can you please walk me through how to access the results of that survey? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The results of the survey would be on the survey's reporting page, accessible via your campaigns page.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yes. That survey is not appearing. I have an older survey that is appearing. Is it not possible to see any information for emails that are sent within an event? And if that is the case, including accessing the survey results, then why is that an option? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If the survey was not made in our system, then we wouldn't have the ability to access or present its reporting to you regardless. If the survey was made in a system outside of us, and simply linked to within an event email, then the reporting for the survey would be in whatever native program was used to make it.

Unless, of course, you're not referring to a survey at all, and are instead referring to a poll or RSVP block? In which case, as already mentioned in my response to the original poster, is not currently accessible via the reporting for emails built directly in the event system.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yeah. We only use Constant Contact. And yes it was a poll. In a Constant Contact email within a Constant Contact event. It is all Constant Contact tools. Please explain how we can access the poll results. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As already mentioned in my response to the original poster, some specialty blocks, such as poll blocks and RSVP blocks are not currently accessible via the reporting for emails built directly in the event system. The email builder was copied over from the existing email builder, but the reporting system is requiring different finessing from the devs to make it translate over.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

So, I appreciate all your words. I honestly do not understand them. What I am understanding you to say, is that even though the tools are there and useable, we should not be using them because there is a problem with the Constant Contacts tools. Correct? 
Please explain, does the statement "the reporting system is requiring different finessing from the devs to make it translate over" mean that it can be translated over or are we just out of luck with accessing our poll results? 

Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Poll results won't be available in event-built emails at this time, until full email parity is completed by the devs. At this time, I'd advise either linking to an actual survey, or otherwise avoiding using Poll blocks in an email built within an event.

William A
RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Got it. We can't get to our poll results and don't do it that way again. Thank you.

RMTCDHH
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

To clarify, the email was sent through the event so that we would not have to create a separate list. I cannot see that email on the email reporting page, thus I do not know how to access the survey results.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If it's a survey made in our system, then the survey had to have been made outside the event, since there's no inherent function to build a survey within an event. Please see the linked article from my earlier response on accessing and understanding surveys' reporting pages.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST