remove account owner's info from footer of permanent URL

Amidoyle
Rookie
0 Votes

Please remove the account owner's email from the footer of the permanent URL for an email campaign. If I share this URL with a client, it looks like it is a mistake to have the email address for an internal company employee on this page:

The part I am referring to is this: 

--------------------------------------------------------

Unsubscribe name@company.com 
Update Profile  | Constant Contact Data Notice 

Sent by name@company.com 

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @Amidoyle ,

The unsubscribe link will change once it's sent to out to the recipient's address. While previewing / test sending the email, it will default to the main account email. This is hard-coded and legally-required, and cannot be edited or removed from the footer. 

The "sent by" email address that shows is the same address you have set for the email's from address. If you do not want this email address visible to your recipients, I'd advise not using it for your email's header settings, and to use a different address verified on the account instead. 

At this time, this will also be present on the webpage version of the email. Our devs are exploring other enhancements to the webpage version of emails, including hiding the footer and other certain elements that are incompatible with webpage versions.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Amidoyle ,

The unsubscribe link will change once it's sent to out to the recipient's address. While previewing / test sending the email, it will default to the main account email. This is hard-coded and legally-required, and cannot be edited or removed from the footer. 

The "sent by" email address that shows is the same address you have set for the email's from address. If you do not want this email address visible to your recipients, I'd advise not using it for your email's header settings, and to use a different address verified on the account instead. 

At this time, this will also be present on the webpage version of the email. Our devs are exploring other enhancements to the webpage version of emails, including hiding the footer and other certain elements that are incompatible with webpage versions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Amidoyle
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks. I understand how the footer works in the email version of the campaign. I am solely referring to the permanent URL that is accessible via the "share" option after a campaign has been sent. There is no need to have an unsubscribe email - especially one that links to my account owner email - visible to people we mail the link to. I'm requesting that this be removed for the webpage version. Thanks for considering. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (80%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST