web page / Perm. URL of an email has sender's {First Name}, not "fallback" contact details

MattSwift
Rookie
0 Votes
Is there any way to control how Contact Details in an email appear in the web page version? When an email makes use of dynamic contact details such as {First Name}, it makes sense to me that in previews and tests, the Constant Contact account subscriber's details are used (as explained in knowledge base https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/6916-add-co...) But it does NOT make sense to do this in the web page version linked from the Permanent URL for the email. If I want to post that URL somewhere where other people see it (which is the main point of having that URL), everyone is going to see a version with my First Name. This version should always have the "fallback" values for Contact Details, or else be independently controllable. Am I missing something? This also breaks the accuracy of the claim "view as webpage" on individual emails. If my email says "Dear Mary," and I click on "view as web page" I see a web page that says "Dear John,".
1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MattSwift ,

This is a known the issue on the devs' radar. It's been tracked to your account for any future updates they have to provide on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST