Feedback on monthly email to clients and referral partners

SOLVED
Go to solution
JayneM96
Campaign Collaborator

Hello! 

I would love your feedback on our monthly email to our firm's clients, prospects, and referral partners (commercial bankers, wealth managers, attorneys, etc.). 

We are a business management consulting firm focused on helping business owners build value and prepare for future exit - personally, financially, and for the business. The majority of our target owners do not spend much time, if any, on social media, so I came up with the idea to send them a monthly email with links to posts/blogs of interest they may have missed, along with training events and announcements. 

After watching the most recent webinar, I'm a little concerned about the number of links...too many? Would also like your overall feedback. 

Building Business Value - June 2024

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @JayneM96,

Thank you for sharing! Right off the bat, I love the clean, consistent look. It also seems to be on point with your branding!

1) This might be more personal preference, but in the "Social Media Roundup" section, if the text is primarily left-aligned, I'd make the buttons left-aligned, too.

2) Additionally, the "Bonus! Blog on Family Business Dynamics" isn't related to LinkedIn or Facebook. Maybe it should go in the "In Case You Missed It" section?

3) Do you know if your clients are primarily opening on mobile or desktop? That might help inform some design choices. Ultimately, everything will move to single column on a mobile display, but if more of your readers are viewing on desktop, you could still design with desktop in mind. The thought that comes to mind is the two social posts under Social Media Roundup could be put in a two column block, shoring up a little bit of space.

4) Down at the bottom you have a section that says "Strategic Planning, Owning Exit & Transition, etc." My gut reaction was to click on them, thinking they linked to specific pages on the topics but they do not. Are there pages that they could link to?

Overall, this is a great email. I wouldn't say it's too link heavy at a quick glance. Just make sure to always put whatever the most important thing you want people to click on right up at the top (but below the logo/top image). You might be able to add an image towards the top, as well, in the social media section. I noticed a video in the LinkedIn post, maybe you could use a video block there to draw attention!

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @JayneM96,

Thank you for sharing! Right off the bat, I love the clean, consistent look. It also seems to be on point with your branding!

1) This might be more personal preference, but in the "Social Media Roundup" section, if the text is primarily left-aligned, I'd make the buttons left-aligned, too.

2) Additionally, the "Bonus! Blog on Family Business Dynamics" isn't related to LinkedIn or Facebook. Maybe it should go in the "In Case You Missed It" section?

3) Do you know if your clients are primarily opening on mobile or desktop? That might help inform some design choices. Ultimately, everything will move to single column on a mobile display, but if more of your readers are viewing on desktop, you could still design with desktop in mind. The thought that comes to mind is the two social posts under Social Media Roundup could be put in a two column block, shoring up a little bit of space.

4) Down at the bottom you have a section that says "Strategic Planning, Owning Exit & Transition, etc." My gut reaction was to click on them, thinking they linked to specific pages on the topics but they do not. Are there pages that they could link to?

Overall, this is a great email. I wouldn't say it's too link heavy at a quick glance. Just make sure to always put whatever the most important thing you want people to click on right up at the top (but below the logo/top image). You might be able to add an image towards the top, as well, in the social media section. I noticed a video in the LinkedIn post, maybe you could use a video block there to draw attention!

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

JayneM96
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you for your feedback, Nick! 

2) I included it as a "bonus" because the blog (from a few years ago) was related to the topic of the LinkedIn post. Make sense?

3) Love the idea of the columns! Our clients primarily access via desktop, so that's a great idea. The only thing I don't love is that the margins don't align on the left and right of the columns to the blocks above and below. I'll play with it. 

4) Another great suggestion! I've added links to each of our services listed. 

Again, really appreciate your insights!

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

2) Makes sense!

3) Definitely feel free to share a screenshot or any updates you make and I can always take a closer look!

JayneM96
Campaign Collaborator

Nick...is there any way to align the columns on the L and R sides to the rest of the blocks? 

JayneM96_0-1717607576153.png

Nick_S
Administrator

Hm. How are you creating the blocks? As a test, I dragged in a pre-made two column block from Layouts and then a standard text block below that and in my example (pictured below), the blocks align so that the text indent is consistent.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 132310.png

If you drag some fresh blocks in, does it replicate the proportions in your original image or are they consistent like in mine?

JayneM96
Campaign Collaborator

I always drag/drop, but have been using this layout for a while copy/pasting as desired. The only way I can replicate it now (the indent) is by bringing in an article with border. 🤷‍♀️

Either way, I can fix it going forward. Thank you!!

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

You're welcome! And please come back and share the email campaign again after you've made some changes. Would be happy to see it!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST