Monthly Newsletter Feedback

user2801083
Rookie

Link to May's Newsletter:  https://conta.cc/4bkNcwO

Hi, we are looking for feedback on our nonprofit's monthly newsletter. The goal of the newsletter is to inform our community of what we have accomplished, how the community has been helped, our upcoming events, joining volunteer or donor groups, etc. It is an overall community-focused newsletter. Feedback on the layout, design, images, fonts, links, buttons, CTA, header, copy, and sections would be great.

Thank you for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hey @user2801083, thanks for sharing your newsletter with us. Always happy to help a nonprofit whenever I'm able to.

Strengths:

1. Content: the newsletter covers a wide range of topics including events, volunteer opportunities, and highlights. ✔️
  2. Visuals: effective use of images to illustrate events and activities. ✔️
  3. Clear CTAs: buttons and links are prominently placed, guiding readers to take action. ✔️

Suggestions for Improvement:

• Content is well-structured but can feel cluttered.
    • Suggestion: Use more white space and clear section dividers to enhance readability.
  • The copy is very informative, sometimes overwhelming.
    • Suggestion: Break up large blocks of text with bullet points or short paragraphs.
  • The font is readable but lacks variety.
    • Suggestion: Use a combination of 2-3 fonts to create visual interest. Ensure the body text is easily readable (14-16 pt).

Overall, I enjoyed the structure and content of the newsletter. There is lot's of relevant information from how the community has helped, upcoming events, and more. Hope this helps! 😃

You may also want to check out

Use Email Newsletters to Engage with Your Audience 

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Your layout is clean, and I love that you are using buttons for your CTAs. You make good use of visuals and keep a good text to image ratio. I think you are off to a really good start. However, your email is looooong. I would imagine that not many people actually read the whole thing and might not even scroll through it all to see all of the content. Would sending shorter emails more frequently be possible for you? Here's a little bit of information about the best length for an email. 

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST