Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Just looking for feedback on our quarterly email!

AccessNorth
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hello - we send out our emails quarterly.  The first link is our typical email.  The second is one that I designed a little differently (my Director didn't necessarily like that one.  He said it didn't fit with our brand.)  What are your thoughts?  Thank you so much!

https://conta.cc/3U87hyI

https://conta.cc/4bsO6Ys

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @AccessNorth. Thanks for joining us in the Community. I like how you've already started taking steps to test the designs of your email. I've done this for a nonprofit I help with and it can take some work. Have you seen any differences in terms of the click rate between the two designs? I like elements from both designs so there's an opportunity to "marry" these two templates.

Branding is absolutely something to consider when creating an email. Both emails have your logo but I like how in the second template, the logo stands out more instead of being hidden in a very busy photo with colorful flowers. If you were to use a background image in the same area as your logo, try playing with the transparency. In the second template, the width is wider so it takes less scrolling to read your email which I recommend. I like the idea of including seasonality in your designs but I would be cautious about changing the colors completely since you are losing your branding. Instead of switching out all of the colors, change the yellow background to something more muted to match the season but still keep your main colors visible. 

In the second template, some of the lines of text drop randomly or there is extra spacing. That should be a quick fix.

Overall, your emails are fun and full of information, giving an inside look into the organization while promoting the services you offer. Keep it up and don't be afraid to keep testing.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST