Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

email feedback

AudreyW998
Campaign Collaborator

Following up on offer in webinar to reeived feedback on our email. https://conta.cc/3VFZXgs

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ElectionO
Campaign Expert

Fellow Clevelander here! 👋 I wonder if you might change the color behind your text to something that might be a bit easier for the eyes to focus on the text. May have some googling to do, but there are sites I've seen that score font and background colors for best readability.

AudreyW998
Campaign Collaborator

Hello my Cleveland friend! Thank you for your feedback. I will be taking your advice on color for our next issue.

Cheers,

Audrey

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @AudreyW998 I'm glad to see you came over from the webinar. Thanks for providing us with your email.

Right at the top, you introduce what type of email this is: a newsletter. Your contacts are told what to expect as they continue to read. I like the letter from the Dean since it makes me feel welcome and he's probably known to your readers. You also show a lot of faces which is a great way to give your email a more personal feel.

That being said, I would recommend changing the font type. In the webinar, the presenters mentioned that serif fonts (which you are using) are harder to read on a screen and I am experiencing that as I read your email. The headlines can be left as serif but try switching the body text to a sans-serif font. You can read more about serif and sans-serif fonts on our blog. Also, your hyperlinks were a bit difficult for me to find. Bolding the link is a way to make it stand out from the rest of the body but I recommend making it underlined as well which tends to make people more aware of the link itself. Just some thoughts!

Overall, your email has brand consistency and it gives your contacts an inside view of what's happening at the college, even if they aren't able to be on campus or are not able to keep up to date on all that is happening. Great job!

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
AudreyW998
Campaign Collaborator

Hi Caitlin,

I appreciate your feedback and will be taking your advice on our June issue.

Cheers
Audrey

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST