Adding Tags

SOLVED
Go to solution
drpaul
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I see that there have been requests to add tags after importing in bulk. I'm not a programmer, but that does not seem to be a huge ask. It appears not to be a priority, or am I missing something? Adding them, one at a time, is way too inefficient to be useful. What am I missing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
drpaul
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you so much. It just seemed reasonable but I did not see that step. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @drpaul. To confirm what you are looking to do, are you interested in one of the following?

• adding to a contact's tags during a file upload
  • creating tags while uploading a file of contacts
  • overwriting a contact's tags

As a note, you can upload a file with tags, but the tag cannot be created during the upload as the tag must first exist in the account. 

If there is something else you are looking to do, let us know.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
drpaul
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

For example, I have a group of 18 people on a list and I did not add a tag when I uploaded their information by file. Now, I would love to be able to add the same tag to all 18 on one time without having to add it to each person individually. Can I do that? It seems to be a reasonable function to have in CC.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Yep, you can do that in the Contacts dashboard. Either through the main Contacts subtab, or when looking at a specific list, select the contacts you want to tag, click Actions at the top of the list, then select Add tags.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 143846.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
drpaul
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you for your very prompt response Caitlin_M.

drpaul
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you so much. It just seemed reasonable but I did not see that step. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST