SOLVED
Go to solution
KathyDArcher
Rookie
0 Votes

NEED:

A new subscriber gets a series of 3 emails without getting any other emails

After they receive the 3 emails I then want them to get regular weekly emails

If I do this with two lists, do I manually have to move them from one list to the other when they are done with the 3 auto emails?

Any other suggestions? 

I'd really like to have this automated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KathyDArcher ,

What you have suggested will work. Once that individual has received that third email within the automation series you can manually move them over to that secondary list. From which they will then be set to receive your weekly mailings from there.

Another option for you that might work, within your 3rd email of the automated series you can set a certain link that you are directing them to click on and enable it with click segmentation. What this will do is once that contact clicks on that link/button it can navigate them to wherever it is you are wanting to take them. At the same time they will be added to that secondary weekly list based on that click. Doing this will take away the manual adding of that contact to the secondary list.

However please be advised, the contact must click that button or link to be added over to the secondary list. If they don’t follow through with that click segmentation they won’t be added automatically. This is where a manual add of the contact to the list is more reliable. I have included a knowledge base article here that discusses more on click segmentation.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KathyDArcher ,

What you have suggested will work. Once that individual has received that third email within the automation series you can manually move them over to that secondary list. From which they will then be set to receive your weekly mailings from there.

Another option for you that might work, within your 3rd email of the automated series you can set a certain link that you are directing them to click on and enable it with click segmentation. What this will do is once that contact clicks on that link/button it can navigate them to wherever it is you are wanting to take them. At the same time they will be added to that secondary weekly list based on that click. Doing this will take away the manual adding of that contact to the secondary list.

However please be advised, the contact must click that button or link to be added over to the secondary list. If they don’t follow through with that click segmentation they won’t be added automatically. This is where a manual add of the contact to the list is more reliable. I have included a knowledge base article here that discusses more on click segmentation.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

KathyDArcher
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks John! That's kind of what I figured. Hoping for a more automated option, but I get it. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST