Automatically add a tag when a contact uses a sign up form

GiuliaP89
Participant

Hello,

How do I automatically assign a tag to a contact as soon they fill out a sign-up form? One of the main purposes of using tags is to categorize contacts based on where they're coming from and which sign-up forms they're using. Is this a feature that is available? I see that I can assign contacts to a list when they use a sign-up form but it seems that adding a tag should be a basic feature as well.

Thanks!

Jeremy

1 REPLY 1
William_A

Hello @GiuliaP89 ,

At this time there isn't a way for a sign-up form to automatically attach a tag, it'd require some degree of manual work. You can go into the list they're assigned to, select-all the list, and add the tag. If you use a sign up form system detached from your Constant Contact account, and have to import the contacts manually via a file upload, then you can include the tag as part of that file upload.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article