Best way to replicate similar emails where dates change every week

SOLVED
Go to solution
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi, I am creating a template for our emails. The emails will be pretty similar every week. Each email will contain three sections. The first two sections are calendars in data tables. The calendars don't change often, except that dates do. For example, next week's calendar is from Apr 7 - Apr 14. So in the email, the dates look like this: - Friday, Apr 7 - Monday, Apr 10 - Tuesday, Apr 11 - ... - Friday, Apr 14 Some days (and dates) are repeated in the table. The next week, it's the same thing but with different dates. Once in a while, some items will be removed and other times, new items will be added. Is there a simple way (i.e. one that reduces manual labor as much as possible) to do this? Right now, every newsletter requires manual changes to all the dates. It's a bit tedious and it's easy to make a mistake. My other option is to only send the email for Monday to Friday, in which case I don't have to provide dates, but that isn't the preferred approach. Any ideas? Thanks, L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

With the setup you're going for, no there wouldn't be an easier way to do this. You'd simply need to shift around dates, copy-paste, add additional blocks / table cells, or copy the row for editing if needed. In any regard, it's going to require manual updates to each section to keep your preferred setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

With the setup you're going for, no there wouldn't be an easier way to do this. You'd simply need to shift around dates, copy-paste, add additional blocks / table cells, or copy the row for editing if needed. In any regard, it's going to require manual updates to each section to keep your preferred setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST