Copying the series but changing lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaryW6313
Rookie
0 Votes

I created an email series and activated to just a small list of two people - basically to test it out. However, it's my understanding that if I disable or cancel it, I can't reactivate it - period. 

If I copy the series, can I then change the list it delivers to? And can I add an email to the copied series? I'm not seeing a way to do this anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryW6313 ,

Once an automation series is activated, you won't be able to add steps or change its associated lists. When you copy it, you'll be able to add email steps, change its triggers (such as associated lists), and do all the other initial setup stuff that you could with the original before activating.

See also:

Sending automations overview

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryW6313 ,

Once an automation series is activated, you won't be able to add steps or change its associated lists. When you copy it, you'll be able to add email steps, change its triggers (such as associated lists), and do all the other initial setup stuff that you could with the original before activating.

See also:

Sending automations overview

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryW6313
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST