Creating an event for 2022

KimM048
Regular Participant

Creating an event for 2022

I'm trying to create an event for a year out - January 2022, as I have always done, but when I start to create the event and then chose the dates for the event, I am only provided with 2021 dates. Has something changed?No date change.jpg

Top Answer
William_D

Hey everyone,

The engineers are still hard at work on developing the new event system. However with 2022 approaching, to fulfill the needs of those customers wanting to start registrations for 2022 events, and to ensure the event system is given adequate development, testing, and deployment time - they've updated the current (eventually retiring) event system's registration cutoff.

The new cutoff is for June 30, 2022 - meaning events can have a start/finish date up till June 30, 2022. If there are any delays, or the devs rollout the new system over a more gradual period of time, we'll make sure to update this thread. 

Thank you very much for your patience while our devs continue their work. If you have any feedback regarding the current event system or what you'd like to see in the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission.

26 REPLIES 26
KimM048
Regular Participant

Yes, apparently they are working on new software to include dates for 2022, but it's getting pretty frustrating. I haven't been able to create events for our first four events in 2022. We have people register quite early for some events, and every month I look to see if the new software is available. So far it's a no go - this has been going on since January for me, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Bring back the old until you get the new - allowing us to create events please!

RandallR7
Regular Participant

Constant Contact ~ all of these customers likely have years invested in your event software, the ability to track registrations through our databases on your system, familiarity with .csv reports that track our guest activity, etc.  Please make this fix your highest priority.

My February event is global in scope.  People make plans to attend well in advance, and we're ready to go on every front excepting your software glitch.  To me, this delay is indefensible.  I've been speaking with you about this by phone for months now, as my company was selected for beta testing on the new email marketing platform where I was able to share shortcomings on your event software.

This is too important a portal not to have it operational at this stage.

RandallR7
Regular Participant

I JUST RECEIVED SOME REALLY TROUBLING NEWS FROM CONSTANT CONTACT ABOUT THIS.  Their revised date for the new Event platform has now moved from Q1 2021 to Q4!  And they have no plans to restore the old software platform.

My guess is they're going to lose quite a few previously loyal customers because of this snafu.  Our company cannot simply wait for Q4 to register guests for a global conference in Q1 of 2022.  MY SUGGESTION TO EVERYONE OUT THERE IS TO PLEAD WITH CTCT TO TEMPORARILY RESTORE THE OLD SOFTWARE WITH A DATE FIX INTO 2022.

Let me know your thoughts....

KimM048
Regular Participant

If you find an email that we can write to to address this issue I'm in!

William_D

Hey everyone,

The engineers are still hard at work on developing the new event system. However with 2022 approaching, to fulfill the needs of those customers wanting to start registrations for 2022 events, and to ensure the event system is given adequate development, testing, and deployment time - they've updated the current (eventually retiring) event system's registration cutoff.

The new cutoff is for June 30, 2022 - meaning events can have a start/finish date up till June 30, 2022. If there are any delays, or the devs rollout the new system over a more gradual period of time, we'll make sure to update this thread. 

Thank you very much for your patience while our devs continue their work. If you have any feedback regarding the current event system or what you'd like to see in the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
RandallR7
Regular Participant

Hooray!  Kudos to the CtCt dev team for accommodating us.  Onward together!