Event Admissions and Processing Fees

UTFood
Rookie
0 Votes

We are having our first event since the almost 100% increase in payment fees when you have people pay for events through Constant Contact. I have been told by CC that the fee increase was on the WePay end and I have been told by WePay that it is on the CC side. Does anyone know which company actually added the additional fees?

8 REPLIES 8
PortlandLiteracyCouncil
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there any way, during the event registration process, to invite (but not require) participants to cover the new event platform fee?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PortlandLiteracyCouncil ,

If you're wanting to make the coverage of the platform fee an optional element for your registrants to pay for, you can include those as items. You'd want to likely include a description of why you're asking for the optional extra amount, explaining that your providers charge transaction fees on all online purchases and that any additional amount the registrants pay help to offset this amount. For example, the setup might look something like this in the Event Settings:

Screenshot 2021-11-16 102620.jpg

And on the registration form, as an example:

Screenshot 2021-11-16 102832.jpg

You can have up to 100k of a single item available. Depending on the price of your event, you may want to increase or decrease the cost of the item, or add varying values of items (e.g. $3 coverage, $10 coverage, etc.) I'd recommend going through this article, which covers how to add items to your event, and includes pricing for the transaction fees as guidance for adjusting your pricing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CPESN-NYC
Rookie
0 Votes

If we are hosting a FREE event are we still subject to CC Platform fees per ticket "sold"?

William_A
Administrator

@CPESN-NYC 

No, as there's nothing to charge there's no service fees being applied for processing those charges.

William A
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @UTFood , 

I apologize for the confusion! The fees are coming from both sides. Constant Contact charges 2.5% + $0.50, and WePay charges 2.9% + $0.30, for a total or 5.4% + $0.80 per transaction. By default, these fees are subtracted from the amount that you charge your registrants and is reflected in your WePay balance.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
KarenP8174
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Is there a way to pass the fees on to the purchaser?  I am able to do that in other systems.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KarenP8174 ,

This is an available option in the Event Settings, where your other event admission elements can be edited. However, it would only apply to our own platforming fee, not WePay or PayPal's processing fees.

William A
KarenP8174
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Got it.  I was hoping I could do it through a setting in WePay

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST