Event Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeanJ956
Rookie
0 Votes

We are hosting a four part speaker series.  Is there a way to set up an event so that people can register for all four days at once, or do I need to set them up as separate events?  (They are in September, November, January and April).  We'd like to be able to give a discount for anyone registering for all four.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Desi_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hey @JeanJ956,

Thank you for reaching out to us! That is a great question and I would be happy to explain how it will work in one event. So, this can definitely be done in one event and you can also apply a discount if your registrants choose to sign up for all four. What you want to do is when you're setting up your event, fill out the event basics and then jump over to the setting page, this is where you will add all 4 events. I created a mock-up of how you should create the option for your registrants to select and pay for the events they can go to, or choose all four at a discounted rate. You will create these options under "Are You Offering Additional Items" and put in the prices and dates.Events section.png

Please feel free to respond if you have any more questions!

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Desi_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hey @JeanJ956,

Thank you for reaching out to us! That is a great question and I would be happy to explain how it will work in one event. So, this can definitely be done in one event and you can also apply a discount if your registrants choose to sign up for all four. What you want to do is when you're setting up your event, fill out the event basics and then jump over to the setting page, this is where you will add all 4 events. I created a mock-up of how you should create the option for your registrants to select and pay for the events they can go to, or choose all four at a discounted rate. You will create these options under "Are You Offering Additional Items" and put in the prices and dates.Events section.png

Please feel free to respond if you have any more questions!

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
HRAnnie
Rookie
0 Votes

With this setup, how do email confirmations and follow up emails work? Do you then set up 5 different settings/registration sections for each 'item' or is this treated like one event? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HRAnnie ,

With this type of setup the communications would still mainly be for the overall Event-style campaign. To get around this you'd likely have to set up separate lists of people based on their item purchase, and then send 3ge-style emails outside of the event itself to make sure these date-specific emails are being properly distributed.

It may be easier to set up multiple event campaigns - one for each "event" you're needing to have available. Then you can insert the events' share links as different options in a regular 3ge-style email "invitation."

Our engineers are hard at work on a massive overhaul of the event builder as we move to revitalize it internally. I got your case and information submitted to the engineers. If an when they have an update to being able to set up multiple dates/times, locations, sessions, etc. for an event campaign, they'll make sure to notify you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST