Folders are not scrolling when I am in library view looking for my images to insert.

KevinD629
Rookie
0 Votes

When I am inserting an image, I can't get to my folder because the folder won't scroll. We have multiple folders and only the last 4 or 5 are visible

What's up?

10 REPLIES 10
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KevinD629 ,

Is this occurring in the Image sidebar, or in the actual Library pop-up window when you go to Replace an image / placeholder? I'm having no issues in your account nor mine when going through the Replace pop-up window method.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

This is a Campaign that I started from a blank template. I was testing this to see if I could see all the images. I attempted to insert our company logo into the Campaign. All the drop down would display is the last few library image folders. The sub folders do not display. Will this be fixed soon?

CC_Image_folders-page-001.jpg

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Sub folders are not available in the sidebar menu at this time, you'd need to use the standard Replace function of images/placeholders to bring up the Library pop-up window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

You cannot get library subfolders with when using the standard Replace function in newer Campaigns. It is still functional in older Campaigns.

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Old Campaigns showing subfolders

MaryJoC83_2-1670388787680.png

New Campaigns - no subfolders. Why was that functionality removed?

MaryJoC83_3-1670388867999.png

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Sigh...this is happening again. I noticed it the evening of 5/25. I was copying a prior campaign and noticed that the editor had switched from the old to the new AND I can no longer scroll my library when I am searching for a specific folder for a specific image. Please get someone working on this!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MaryJoC83. This appears to be an issue specifically in accounts that have a large number of library folders and are using our CPE editor. We don't have information to share at this time about a possible fix but there are a few workarounds so you are able to insert the correct image:

• Zoom out in the browser until all folders are visible
  • Search for the image you are wanting to use by its name in the search bar
  • Reupload the desired image again so that it shows up at the top of all images 

I'm sorry that we do not have a solution but I hope one of the above workarounds will help you as you continue to work in our new editor.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Also, I would prefer NOT to re-upload images. That defeats the purpose of having library folders. As for searching....that is often a useless endeavour.

The ability to select from multiple folders should be fully functional in your "new" Cross Device Editor, especially since it works fine in your old 3rd gen editor. CC has managed to get it working - at times - and then??? it no longer works. 

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

If you DO NOT have a timeline for fixing the ability to have multiple library folders with your Cross Device Editor, can you ensure that we can continue to use the 3rd Gen editor without it automatically converting to the Cross Device Editor? I have a number of emails that I use as a template that now, when copied, convert to the Cross Device Editor which does not have the same functionality as the prior editor.

This should be a priority. 

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Any updates on getting being able to see all library folders/subfolders when needing to insert a new image/replace an existing image? Is this a ticket item that is being worked on?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST