How do I import a group contact file from my Mac to CC

SOLVED
Go to solution
KathleenJ440
Rookie
0 Votes

When I click and drag a group contact file (that is a Vcf file) from my Mac to the Constant Contact it does nothing. It won't accept it into the CC upload block.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If it's not an actual file on your device, and only exists on your Mac's Contacts program, you'd need to export it first so it's an accessible file. It'd be similar to having a Google Sheet with your contacts - if it only exists on Google Sheets, we can't access it for the sake of upload, it has to be explicitly on your device as a file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KathleenJ440 ,

Have you tried clicking the "browse your computer" link so you can just select the file from your folder? Are you getting a specific error message when trying to drag and drop?

William A
KathleenJ440
Rookie
0 Votes

I can't get to  my Mac Contact application from the browser in CC. I get no error message; CC just doesn't recognize the file that I've clicked and dragged...it is a vcf file.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If it's not an actual file on your device, and only exists on your Mac's Contacts program, you'd need to export it first so it's an accessible file. It'd be similar to having a Google Sheet with your contacts - if it only exists on Google Sheets, we can't access it for the sake of upload, it has to be explicitly on your device as a file.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST