How to get rid of data in Pre-header field that I did not add and cannot remove?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PhilT710
Rookie
0 Votes

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.03.48 AM.png

 specifically (x200c x200C Mainly Mac 34 George Street , Markham, Ontario L3P 2R7) I did not add this and it is not visible in the pre-header field but when I send emails it is there.

Please see attached. I did put "Breath New Life Into Your Old Computer" but not the rest. Please advise on how to remove this. Thank you so much appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @PhilT710 ,

When an email program such as Gmail, Outlook, etc. run out of subject line or preheader to include in their text preview, they'll start including image alt-text and actual text from the email itself. Since the email is essentially just one image, your social media icons' alt-texts are what show in the preview after the subject and preheader.

What's likely happening in regards to the "x200c" text is that your email program is reading the social media icons as that. When I test send the email to myself, it displays as Facebook   Twitter   LinkedIn in that space. Since this is a default function of the email programs themselves, and can vary based on the programs' font sizes and the length of emails' subjects / preheaders, there is nothing we can do on our side to allevite this. The only suggestion I have is to include some actual text in the email, prior to the image or social media icons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @PhilT710 ,

When an email program such as Gmail, Outlook, etc. run out of subject line or preheader to include in their text preview, they'll start including image alt-text and actual text from the email itself. Since the email is essentially just one image, your social media icons' alt-texts are what show in the preview after the subject and preheader.

What's likely happening in regards to the "x200c" text is that your email program is reading the social media icons as that. When I test send the email to myself, it displays as Facebook   Twitter   LinkedIn in that space. Since this is a default function of the email programs themselves, and can vary based on the programs' font sizes and the length of emails' subjects / preheaders, there is nothing we can do on our side to allevite this. The only suggestion I have is to include some actual text in the email, prior to the image or social media icons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST