Is it possible to use our own SMTP server for sending email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DominicJ2
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Most spam filters that have a "block bulk mail" feature are blocking email delivery.  We would like to utilize our own sending server to avoid this issue.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DominicJ2 ,

Based on my understanding, no it isn't possible, which is why we recommend utilizing self-authentication for accounts with their own domains. If you need more advanced guidance and assistance regarding this, I'd advise calling the Delivery team directly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DominicJ2 ,

Based on my understanding, no it isn't possible, which is why we recommend utilizing self-authentication for accounts with their own domains. If you need more advanced guidance and assistance regarding this, I'd advise calling the Delivery team directly

William A
DominicJ2
Campaign Contributor

William,

Thank you for your reply.  We have already setup self-authentication, the issue is when emails are sent the envelope sender does not match the from header so emails are flagged as bulk mail.  We would like to point the outbound emailing service at our own SMTP server that already has 100% deliverability.  Please advise.

Example below:

DominicJ2_0-1662563321584.png

William_A
Administrator

If you need more advanced guidance and assistance regarding this, I'd advise calling the Delivery team directly

William A
DominicJ2
Campaign Contributor

I just got off the phone with them.  Unfortunately there is no way to align the envelope and message ID to the from domain.  What this means is anyone with Bulk Mail filtering in a spam filter will not see emails.  It would be a really nice option to allow our own SMTP server for sending to resolve this.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST