Multilingual support for opt-in and confirmation pages

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi, Is there a way to have multilingual support in the Opt-In and confirmation emails. I'm trying to implement the solution to a question I asked earlier but I need (legally) to provide wording in English and in French. It seems to me like the buttons in the opt-in email and the update profile emails are in English only. Am I missing something? Thanks, L

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @HopeandCope ,

You can edit the button to include more wording, such as the same "confirm subscription" text in multiple languages:

Capture.PNG

Beyond this, there isn't any way to edit the COI wording for multiple languages. The thank you page can't be edited, and its language will default to whatever the account's language setting is set to. Most browsers do offer automated translation capabilities, or have addons to do this when prompted by users.

For more info regarding translation functionality in emails, providing use cases, and voting, I'd recommend checking this Feedback thread.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

You can edit the button to include more wording, such as the same "confirm subscription" text in multiple languages:

Capture.PNG

Beyond this, there isn't any way to edit the COI wording for multiple languages. The thank you page can't be edited, and its language will default to whatever the account's language setting is set to. Most browsers do offer automated translation capabilities, or have addons to do this when prompted by users.

For more info regarding translation functionality in emails, providing use cases, and voting, I'd recommend checking this Feedback thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi @William_A,

Thank you for the reply. It's very unsatisfying, I must say. The feedback thread has been around for 6 years and everything is still very English-centric. And for jurisdictions where multilingualism is required by law, it's not a very good situation.

Hopefully someday.

Thanks,

L

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes
Hi, I am editing the "Update Your Profile" form as explained here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5778-update-profile-form And I have some questions... 1) Since Constant Contact doesn't provide a way to do multilingual content, I have to put French and English content in the same form. However, even if I separate my text in paragraphs in the text box, all the spacing disappears and gets jumbled together. Just like this message probably looks all bunched up together, even though I am using paragraphs as I'm writing. How do I fix that? (Even the footer is all bunched up together) 2) Because I can't display a different name on the opt-in form than the internal Constant Contact name, I'm in a bit of a pickle. We have list names internally that we do not want to show to the user. For example, I have a list called MASTER USERS FRENCH. When people update their profile, I want them to see the list name as "Weekly news." On the chat, I was told that this does not exist. So, as a workaround, I thought of creating a new list called — you guessed it — "Weekly news." But if I do that, there will be a desync with the MASTER USERS FRENCH list. So is the only option to change the internal names of the lists? 3) Is there a better way to do this than how I am looking at this? My goal is to allow users in French and English to update their profile so they only receive the emails they are interested in receiving. I want to do it in a manner that requires the least manual processing on our part as possible. Thanks, L
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

The general text in the landing pages isn't able to have separate paragraphs. You'll either need to maintain separate forms for each, or find an alternative method of managing the contacts in their different languages.

For further voting on different enhancements to the current LGLPs, and for voicing of use cases, please see this Feedback thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST