Outlook resizing issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
EdenR63
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi! Has there been a concrete resolution to this? Sent test email to test email to my Outlook but for matting and spacing has been a major problem. It looks fine on the application build but totally looks different when sent to outlook.

EdenR63_1-1677274528541.png

EdenR63_2-1677274591897.png

Spacing...

EdenR63_3-1677274649712.png

EdenR63_5-1677274691504.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

So after additional testing with our higher level technical team, this is looking like standard Outlook behavior, where it'll just choose to display fonts at sizes that are noticeably different from every other email program. This can also affect how tables display.

There isn't really a workaround for this, since it can be so inconsistent within Outlook programs. Our best recommendation would be to either continue tweaking the affected text and tables as you see fit till it works for your particular Outlook client, or to include a View as Webpage link.

I'd also recommend taking a look at this Community blog post, which covers some of the elements of designing emails for a variety of email programs, what pitfalls to avoid and can't be avoided, and what workarounds are available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EdenR63 

Since this is an issue caused by the act of forwarding itself, it isn't something we're able to address on our end. However, knowing what email program the email was forwarded from, and what it was forwarded to that resulted in the formatting changes can at least help us track it better, and report to the applicable email programs of what's occurring.

William A
EdenR63
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for your reply. The problem lies not on the forwarding but the sending of the test email from the Constant Contact app itself to our Outlook. The build was done using the available templates on the application and the preview came out with no issues up until we sent out a test email to Outlook. The format and layout that was received in Outlook is not the same as the preview on the app build as shown on the screenshots in my last email.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Ah gotcha, I'm going to move your responses out of that original thread since it was specifically about formatting changes cause by forwarding emails. 

Does this issue occur in other email programs, or just Outlook? Does it occur in multiple Outlook versions you have access to, or just one in particular? Are there any settings for your email programs that would be affecting default font size or image display?

William A
EdenR63
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Tried it on external emails like Gmail and Yahoo, it works fine on those platforms. I think the issue is just on Outlook. I'm using Office Standard 2019 if that helps. There are also no special settings that are in use that would be a factor for the issue. Not that I know of anyway. Active settings are at default.

William_A
Administrator

So after additional testing with our higher level technical team, this is looking like standard Outlook behavior, where it'll just choose to display fonts at sizes that are noticeably different from every other email program. This can also affect how tables display.

There isn't really a workaround for this, since it can be so inconsistent within Outlook programs. Our best recommendation would be to either continue tweaking the affected text and tables as you see fit till it works for your particular Outlook client, or to include a View as Webpage link.

I'd also recommend taking a look at this Community blog post, which covers some of the elements of designing emails for a variety of email programs, what pitfalls to avoid and can't be avoided, and what workarounds are available.

William A
EdenR63
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Ok I'll try that and see what works. Thanks William.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST