Scheduling an Event to Open Automatically

theharbor.life
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Is there a way to have your event sign-up form open on a set date, at a set time, so you can put the link on your website ahead of time, and have it open without having to do it manually? 

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @theharbor.life ,

While there isn't a way to automatically open registration for the current event system, you can turn off registration until you're ready for it to be available. Once you make the event live, you'll receive a shareable URL (located under the name at the top of the dashboard), and be able to copy that to paste wherever you want. Then, in the top-right corner, you can click the switch under REGISTRATION to Close it. Whenever someone tries to navigate to the link, they'll get a generic message letting them know registration is currently closed. Then, when you're ready for it to be accessible, simply switch REGISTRATION back to Open.

Registration will close again automatically either on the date of the event's start, or at a specified earlier date if selected in the Event's Basics. You can also manually turn off and on registration at any time trough the dashboard as described above. Once the event has started, it will be considered closed / finished, and registration cannot be re-opened.

For more info on event functionalities:

Event Basics

Event Settings

Event Registration Setup

Event Dashboard

Event Email Types

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
POOLPACT
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Are there any plans on making this possible in the near future?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @POOLPACT ,

There's nothing currently on the radar for the older or newer event system to have this. If you have any feedback regarding the current event system or what you'd like to see in the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
theharbor.life
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you William. I understand all of that. What I was looking for was a way to set it to open automatically, because I wasn't going to be available at the time my superior wanted it to open. But your explanation does let me know that there is no way to do that. Thank you.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST