referring url or a passthrough variable

SOLVED
Go to solution
JohnB0533
Rookie
0 Votes

I have several pages on my site that have new content. I share these pages with select customers asking them to have a look and report any concerns before the pages are published to the public.

I have a link on each page that says "Click here to report errors and concerns" all of these pages (there are currently about 20) go to the same landing page that collects the name, email, and feedback about their concern.

Is there a way to collect the referring url as part of the form without the user having to copy and paste it into a field on the form?

When someone completes the form I spend a good deal of time trying to find the error, let alone fix it. If i knew the referring url I could go directly to the page with the problem. 

An alternative would be to pass a variable of some kind the in the referring link that would uniquely identify the page they were on when they clicked the feedback link,

The only other idea I have is to make 20 copies of the feedback form but that seems crazy. 

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JohnB0533,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I definitely understand why it is important for you to be able to see which page they are giving feedback on. The two ways you can successfully achieve this will be the ways you mentioned, and I do apologize for any inconvenience on this. Making a Custom Field will allow the customer to copy and paste the URL to the page they are giving feedback on in the Landing Page. Or you can create new Landing Page for each specific page. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JohnB0533,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I definitely understand why it is important for you to be able to see which page they are giving feedback on. The two ways you can successfully achieve this will be the ways you mentioned, and I do apologize for any inconvenience on this. Making a Custom Field will allow the customer to copy and paste the URL to the page they are giving feedback on in the Landing Page. Or you can create new Landing Page for each specific page. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST