What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced in working/running a nonprofit?

Nick_S
Administrator

Running or working for a nonprofit organization can be tough, right? Limited resources, tight budgets, and all those complex regulations can really throw some curveballs. But hey, here's the thing: we're all about finding creative solutions! So, let's chat about the biggest challenges you've faced in the nonprofit world and how you've managed to conquer them.

How to Share Your Story:

1. Comment below: Share your challenges, your mindset while dealing with them, and what strategies helped overcome them?

2. Include Visuals: A picture is worth a thousand words! If you have any images, videos, or other visuals that accompany your story, feel free to share them. They add a personal touch to your narrative.

Lookin' forward to hearing from all of you!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

4 REPLIES 4
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

One of my first roles when I got my bachelor's degree was in a nonprofit animal rescue. I loved the mission and of course, every animal that came in and was adopted. 

The biggest challenges were trying to do so much with so little. Our email system and website were on outdated system run by a third party we could hardly get support from and our social media strategy was lacking. With no budget I did a ton some research and found Google offered free ads up to a certain $ amount each year and free email domains for non-profits. 

We also moved to a new website manager where we could easily darg and drop elements onto a page and make changes in seconds. Social media got a whole content plan and strategy around how often we would post, the voice/tone and many other elements. 

You get quite resourceful with no budget involved. 

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

How about you @TanyaL839, any advice or comments to share?

MorganS56
Constant Contact Partner

Just my $0.02

I think CtCt would kill it in the non-profit sector if we had more to offer in terms of donor management. I work with various non-profits and the platforms of their choosing but I'd prefer if they'd just use CtCt because the features are clearly better than many of these donor management platforms. The CRM could be a bit more detailed and I wished it had an option to add on fundraising campaigns. At first I didn't like to event upgrade but now I love it. Since Eventbrite raised their fees, CtCt, again, is a better option. Then last but definitely not least, being able to ping team members to help with project management would knock CtCt right on up there. IE. once email automations are set up, it can be pinged for review/approval, then set to send. Same could be done for social media calendars and copy creation.

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Love the feedback @MorganS56. Have you suggested any of these thoughts in our ideas section?
If you share there as well, other community members can vote on your ideas and offer their thoughts.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST