Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Adding the Constant Contact footer in a Custom Code Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
user5758312
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I am using a 3rd party builder to build my mailshots and then I import the HTML in Constant Contact to send them.

However, the standard Constant Contact footer (with the unsubscribe link) is not added automatically. How can I add this? Or, alternatively, how to add an unsubscribe link to my code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
user5758312
Campaign Collaborator

I stand corrected. The footer is indeed showing. There was an Unsubscribe link before the footer which was not working. Also, the footer is not showing in my email client (Postbox for Mac) but it shows in Gmail's Inbox.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user5758312 ,

The footer with legally-required info like your org's physical address and the unsubscribe link should be automatically-included elements for the email. I'd advise checking your email's preview, and otherwise calling in for Tier 2 custom code support. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user5758312
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William, thanks for the reply.

The footer is showing on the preview page but not being included in the mailshot that the subscribers receive.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Is it actually not being included, or is your email program just automatically hiding it and requiring a prompt to display it? If you need assistance troubleshooting your custom code email, I'd advise calling in for Tier 2 custom code support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user5758312
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

No, it's not hidden. None of the recipients see it. I am on the phone with the support right now.

user5758312
Campaign Collaborator

I stand corrected. The footer is indeed showing. There was an Unsubscribe link before the footer which was not working. Also, the footer is not showing in my email client (Postbox for Mac) but it shows in Gmail's Inbox.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST