Looking for feedback and advice before sending your latest email, newsletter, or campaign?

Campaign emails not delivered but preview test email works fine

NeilP
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi ... I have a user who is not receiving email campaign items, yet I can send them a preview without problem (same email) so their own email is not blocking / filtering (unless the preview engine is different from the campaign engine).  The campaigns are being received fine by ~800 other users.  This is a key user in our organization, so I need to get this fixed.  Any help / suggestions on how to troubleshoot are much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @NeilP. If this isn't happening for all contacts, it's best to work directly with that contact as they may have a security setting under their email client or security program that is preventing them from receiving the email. You can have them safelist our URLs and IP addresses in their security program and safelist your From address as well.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
NeilP
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Caitlin ... thanks for your reply.  We are using Office 365 and many other users (myself included) are successfully receiving the campaign emails.  Because of this, I doubt that safe listing URLs / IP addresses will help.  Also, the user in question isn't even receiving them in her junk folder.  Yet when I put her same email into a campaign preview, it sends just fine (arrives into her Inbox normally).  Do previews get sent from a different source within Constant Contact?  How could those emails be received ok but campaign emails not received at all?  Is there any way to trace something from the Constant Contact side?  

Thanks in advance.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Yes there are different sending elements associated with test sends versus live sendouts, especially in regards to authentication. On the contrary, if they specifically aren't receiving the emails, safelisting is the next step they should take to ensure their system isn't erroneously blocking the emails altogether. 

If they're unable to resolve the issue from their side after safelisting your sending address and our domains, then I'd advise reaching out to our Delivery team for any further insight they may be able to provide regarding that particular contact (or their network).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST