Can I change the width of the cells in a table inserted into an email?

DharmaRefuge
Rookie

Hi - I'd like to insert a table that has a narrow column and a wide column. Does Constant Contact allow me to adjust the width of columns in an email table? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DharmaRefuge ,

At this time, it isn't possible to customize table cells' widths. The only workaround for this from a design perspective I can suggest would be to set it up in a program dedicated to building tables, screencap it, then insert that table screencap as an image in your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
TomS44526
Campaign Contributor

This would be a very helpful improvement.   We use tables to display the line itemed inventory in outgoing emails...  REALLY would be great if Constant Contact  could do this for their customers.  I believe it would be used more than you think,

PrimeMLS
Rookie

Considering that images become blurry almost instantly when you adjust the size, that's not a valid workaround. If you're going to offer the ability to have a table in an email, then adjusting the width of the columns and rows should be the bare minimum of features. Otherwise, it's not a useful feature at all.

LauraS4149
Rookie

We're on a 60-day trial with CC, and I'm afraid not being able to customize column widths will be a dealbreaker. Is there a plug-in or some source code we can implement? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LauraS4149 ,

If the standard editor's functionality won't work for your needs and you wish to code your own emails, then I'd advise using the custom code editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST