Can't delete button or add link to it

SOLVED
Go to solution
MeghanD27
Rookie
0 Votes
I'm working on an email campaign using a template that included a button. I would like to either include edit this button to include a link or delete it, but the both the delete button and the link button are both missing when I go into the editor for the button. How do I edit or get rid of this button?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If that was the default text, then it indicates that this is an email template specifically designed for a contact being able to access a more obvious unsubscribe button, beyond the legally required one we have to include in the footer. Was the name of the template you made this email from called "CASL Permission," "GDPR Letter," or something else along the lines of confirming permissions in accordance with an anti-spam law?

Effectively, if you don't want that button, then you won't be able to use this template nor the email you made, as the button is hard-coded to have that functionality and exist in the template no matter what. You'll either need to mess with it coloring to try and "hide" it among your email's content, or rebuild the email in a template that doesn't have this kind of built-in functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MeghanD27
Rookie
0 Votes

Here are screenshots of what I see when I try to edit the button

Screenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MeghanD27 ,

I checked your account, and wasn't encountering that when I checked the button on your email.

Capture.PNG

Are you still encountering the issue? Was the email copied from a previously sent email, or was it made brand new from a template via the Create button in your account? Was the wording "Stop receiving our emails" the default text of that template, or did you type that in? 

William A
MeghanD27
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I'd made the problematic button white so I could hide it while sending a test email. I've changed it back to color so it appears in the email, and it is still unable to be deleted or linked. This is a new email created from a template from the Create button. "Stop receiving our emails" is the default text. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If that was the default text, then it indicates that this is an email template specifically designed for a contact being able to access a more obvious unsubscribe button, beyond the legally required one we have to include in the footer. Was the name of the template you made this email from called "CASL Permission," "GDPR Letter," or something else along the lines of confirming permissions in accordance with an anti-spam law?

Effectively, if you don't want that button, then you won't be able to use this template nor the email you made, as the button is hard-coded to have that functionality and exist in the template no matter what. You'll either need to mess with it coloring to try and "hide" it among your email's content, or rebuild the email in a template that doesn't have this kind of built-in functionality.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST