Cannot Copy paste at all

LizzG2022
Rookie
0 Votes

I cannot copy and paste text from even low formatting documents such as Notepad into data tables. Control- V does not work, and I am having to type in everything. Our newsletter has several charts and this glitch is doubling (or more) the time needed to produce newsletter sections.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LizzG2022 ,

Are you able to right-click paste or use the CTRL SHIFT V keyboard function? Are there several line breaks / paragraphs in the text you're trying to paste into the individual cells?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LizzG2022
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for writing. When I try to right click, I get the message which reads "Use control-V" to paste. I've tried that, as well as the CNTRL-SHFT-V combo.  The text I'm trying to place into the chart  is not complicated and it's not formatted in any way. It's either people's names (first and last) or short phrases (3-5 words max) per cell.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Does this error occur in other browsers, or while accessing the site in Incognito/Private browsing mode? Are you running any browser extensions, ad/pop-up blockers, VPNs, or other security software you can temporarily disable, to see if the pasting will work as expected without those active?

If none of the above alleviates the issue, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can troubleshoot the issue live, and screenshare your Constant Contact tab to see the issue as it occurs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Admin10
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same problem also.  When I try to copy and paste from one column to another, it does not allow it.  It actually is not an option when I highlight it.  I can not copy and past from any other document into it either.  Then when I type in my data table, it is all jumbled up and jumps all around.  I use an outside I.T. Company to assist when needed and they said they have other customers that use Constant Contact and they are all having the same problem...just an FYI.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST