Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Changing Login In Email To Another Email

GeorgeP3040
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello!

We're transitioning company's and would like to change our main login email for Constant Contact to the new email address. I've verified the email already, but doesn't give me an option to transfer ownership. Where can I find this setting?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GeorgeP3040 ,

I'd advise following along with this article on updating account ownership. There isn't an explicit "make new owner" button, it's just a matter of:

1. updating the account's info, especially the account owner's email address
  2. passing the current login info to the new owner, and
  3. resetting the MFA for the account owner login

If the new owner already exists as a user on the account (manager or campaign creator), once they're logged in and have setup their MFA, they can disable their existing Account Manager / Campaign Creator user, if applicable and desired.

The account owner will also probably want to consider updating the login's password, as a general security precaution. If the username is the previous owner's email, then they'll probably want to update that as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST