Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Deleted video still showing up when email is sent

ChildrenFirst
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have a template that I use for our organization's eNewsletters. The designers of the template added a section that includes a video. I always delete the video when I create a new newsletter as I have yet to include a video in our newsletters. I just sent a test email to myself and, although I previously deleted the video, it is showing up as a preview link at the bottom of the test eNewsletter that I just sent. I went back and checked some past eNewsletters and realized that it has been this way for some time. I just never caught it. Does anyone have any idea what's going on or how to get rid of it? Simply deleting it is not working.

Thank you!

Marla

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChildrenFirst ,

I'm checking your latest emails, and I'm not seeing a video block in them. I am however seeing that your YouTube social icon is currently linked to a specific video on what I assume is your YouTube channel. Gmail, since it's owned by Google / Alphabet, will include linked YouTube videos in emails in the attachment area as a default functionality.

If you're wanting to avoid this, your options are to:

• Delete the YouTube icon from the social share bar in your email. If you're regularly copying from a master template, this should be the one you delete the icon from and save, that way your future copies won't have the YouTube link included.
  • Replace the URL (link) for the YouTube icon, and insert either the direct link for your YouTube channel, or a different preferred video.

For guidance on either of the above described actions, I'd recommend following along with this article (also available via the Help tab in your account).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChildrenFirst
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you, William! I never caught that before. Made a quick change to that link and I'm good to go once again!

Marla

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST