Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Difference between clicks, unique clicks, other clicks

SOLVED
Go to solution
GSVY
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, So, I'm having trouble understanding the difference between clicks, unique clicks and another metric. These screenshots are all from the same email: Clicks https://millerrec-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/drew_kelly_millerrec_org/EopVfdGbM9RImxt0llrjUwsB... Unique Clicks https://millerrec-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/drew_kelly_millerrec_org/EfeLKSVPNT1Fp9vcIpnYao0B... When I click on the "48" clicks https://millerrec-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/drew_kelly_millerrec_org/EWc4VCGs-d9HiNMoBiivN1oB... My guess is "Clicks" is total times someone clicked any link in the email. "Unique Clicks" is one click from one individual user and when I click on the "48" and see 85 total clicks, I don't get how that number is different from the "clicks" metric. Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @GSVY ,

I'd advise going through our main article on emails' click rates. There are three elements to keep in mind with your click rate:

• The email's overall click rate: how many contacts clicked at least one link after opening your email. This is typically presented as "unique clicks."
  • The email's overall total clicks: how many clicks did your links get overall, including repeated clicks from the same contacts.
  • The unique clicks for all of your email's links: found at the bottom of the email's overall reporting page, this will show how many contacts clicked a specific link at least once.

The numbers will be different because they're recording different metrics for the clicks. Your account's click rate average will be determined based on the email's unique click rate, not the individual links'. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @GSVY ,

I'd advise going through our main article on emails' click rates. There are three elements to keep in mind with your click rate:

• The email's overall click rate: how many contacts clicked at least one link after opening your email. This is typically presented as "unique clicks."
  • The email's overall total clicks: how many clicks did your links get overall, including repeated clicks from the same contacts.
  • The unique clicks for all of your email's links: found at the bottom of the email's overall reporting page, this will show how many contacts clicked a specific link at least once.

The numbers will be different because they're recording different metrics for the clicks. Your account's click rate average will be determined based on the email's unique click rate, not the individual links'. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
GSVY
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you, William! 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST