Drip Campaign Question -- Avoiding Multiple Contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
kentjohnson4
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes
Hello! I'm in the process of setting up a drip campaign. I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers for. The campaign will be for people who indicate interest in our product but for who our sales reps are not directly engaging with. These meetings will likely happen at conferences. 1/ Is it better to create a new campaign for each conference? Or should I add the list of folks to a master list? 2/ If we have a conversation with someone at conference A and then again at conference B, how do I make sure that they are not sent the campaign if they have already received it previously?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @kentjohnson4 ,

Regarding your questions:

1. This would depend on what product(s) you're pushing. If it's the same for each conference, then there's not really a need for multiple automations per conference, unless you're really wanting to maintain separate lists and automation reporting for each individual conference.
  2. This would tie in with the point of question 1. If you're maintaining the same automation, like a welcome email or custom welcome path, then contacts already in the process won't be getting re-imported into the triggering list unless you've removed them from it prior.

As far as my recommendation for how to setup your automation, I'd do the following:

1. Create a list specifically for conference prospects, those people who have expressed interest in your product(s), but haven't actively agreed to working with a sales rep on finalizing a purchase. You could give it a really obvious name as well for the sake of quick identification, such as "Conference Prospect" or "Interested Buyers."
  2. Create an automation path with a list-join trigger. Set the list to by the one made in Step 1. This way, whenever a contact is newly added to that list (aka they weren't already part of the list until they were manually added / imported as such), they'll begin the automation path.
  3. Continue customizing your automation as desired, including conditional if available in your plan. Then activate the path. Now whenever you add a contact to the selected list - whether you manually added one you've previously uploaded, or import them from a source like a sign-up form or file upload - they'll start receiving those communications. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @kentjohnson4 ,

Regarding your questions:

1. This would depend on what product(s) you're pushing. If it's the same for each conference, then there's not really a need for multiple automations per conference, unless you're really wanting to maintain separate lists and automation reporting for each individual conference.
  2. This would tie in with the point of question 1. If you're maintaining the same automation, like a welcome email or custom welcome path, then contacts already in the process won't be getting re-imported into the triggering list unless you've removed them from it prior.

As far as my recommendation for how to setup your automation, I'd do the following:

1. Create a list specifically for conference prospects, those people who have expressed interest in your product(s), but haven't actively agreed to working with a sales rep on finalizing a purchase. You could give it a really obvious name as well for the sake of quick identification, such as "Conference Prospect" or "Interested Buyers."
  2. Create an automation path with a list-join trigger. Set the list to by the one made in Step 1. This way, whenever a contact is newly added to that list (aka they weren't already part of the list until they were manually added / imported as such), they'll begin the automation path.
  3. Continue customizing your automation as desired, including conditional if available in your plan. Then activate the path. Now whenever you add a contact to the selected list - whether you manually added one you've previously uploaded, or import them from a source like a sign-up form or file upload - they'll start receiving those communications. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST