Embedding a Video

SOLVED
Go to solution
L75405
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi, Is there a way to directly embed a video into an email? With Vimeo it directs you off of the email to their site which is not what I want. Also, the thumbnail looks crazy and the only fix I have found was to add a still photo and direct people to click on it to watch. I wasn't able to add a YouTube link either, only Vimeo. I'm not sure if YouTube would even be a better option. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @L75405 ,

Videos are not a compatible file type with the Library, and are too large to import and send embedded in an email regardless. They need to be hosted on a dedicated video site, social platform, or cloud drive, and then linked to. For sites with dedicated video players, the video block can be utilized.

For cloud drives and other non-video sites, you'd need to link using an image, button, or some text. If your video is not compatible with the video block, or the video-hosting site isn't providing the correct thumbnail, then I'd advise utilizing on of the other linking options:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @L75405 ,

Videos are not a compatible file type with the Library, and are too large to import and send embedded in an email regardless. They need to be hosted on a dedicated video site, social platform, or cloud drive, and then linked to. For sites with dedicated video players, the video block can be utilized.

For cloud drives and other non-video sites, you'd need to link using an image, button, or some text. If your video is not compatible with the video block, or the video-hosting site isn't providing the correct thumbnail, then I'd advise utilizing on of the other linking options:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
L75405
Campaign Collaborator

I feel like this needs to be improved. Redirecting folks to another site when we are trying to get donations as a nonprofit just isn't acceptable. You all know that videos are the best way to get clicks. Why in the world would anyone want them redirected away from the email? I can send out a beautiful email with videos from Canva but not Constant Contact? The design features are seriously lacking on your platform.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST