Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Event fees

SOLVED
Go to solution
EMELIAT8
Rookie
0 Votes

We are hosting a FREE event. Are there any event fees paid to Constant Contact in this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EMELIAT8 ,

Processing fees only apply to online payments for a registration - therefore if a ticket is free or pay-at-door/by-check then there's no online processing involved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EMELIAT8 ,

Processing fees only apply to online payments for a registration - therefore if a ticket is free or pay-at-door/by-check then there's no online processing involved.

William A
KristenT58
Rookie
0 Votes

Right. So that prompt should not appear when user has created a free event. The other hole in the 2.0 Free event scenario is that payment/credit card fields display. This freaks out registrants returning for consistently free events and make the host look bad.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KristenT58 ,

If the ticket is free, the registrant shouldn't be prompted to pay, nor even see anything alluding to them having to pay. Additionally, you shouldn't be required to select a payment option if all the tickets on your event are free.

I checked your account, and I do not see any built in the newer builder live, so I'm not sure how your contacts or registrants would've seen any prompts to enter payment info.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST