Event fees

SOLVED
Go to solution
EMELIAT8
Rookie
0 Votes

We are hosting a FREE event. Are there any event fees paid to Constant Contact in this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EMELIAT8 ,

Processing fees only apply to online payments for a registration - therefore if a ticket is free or pay-at-door/by-check then there's no online processing involved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EMELIAT8 ,

Processing fees only apply to online payments for a registration - therefore if a ticket is free or pay-at-door/by-check then there's no online processing involved.

William A
KristenT58
Rookie
0 Votes

Right. So that prompt should not appear when user has created a free event. The other hole in the 2.0 Free event scenario is that payment/credit card fields display. This freaks out registrants returning for consistently free events and make the host look bad.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KristenT58 ,

If the ticket is free, the registrant shouldn't be prompted to pay, nor even see anything alluding to them having to pay. Additionally, you shouldn't be required to select a payment option if all the tickets on your event are free.

I checked your account, and I do not see any built in the newer builder live, so I'm not sure how your contacts or registrants would've seen any prompts to enter payment info.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST