Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

For the pre-built segment, what is the criteria for “most engaged”

YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I saw under segment, there are some pre-built segments. Does anyone know what is the criteria for "most engaged"?  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator

Hello @YanK60 ,

The algorithms used to determine engagement levels work on a number of elements, open rate being the starting point, and also incorporating elements like clicks, frequency of opens, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Can you be a little bit more detail? Like how many times or percentage of open/open rates or how many clicks will be counted as most engaged? Thank you

William_A
Administrator

Not really since the algorithm adjusts for the frequency of your sends as well. "High engagement" can differ greatly between someone that sends 1 email a month versus someone that sends 1 or more emails a day, how many links are included in those emails, and a lot of other factors.

William A
YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your answer

MarilynM035
Rookie
0 Votes

YanK60 thanks for asking. I have the same question. 

William, I am designing and composing a winback email with survey. I need to decide whether or not to include "somewhat engaged" in distribution. What do you suggest?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I would say yes, if your goal is to get them more involved with your content, or to interest them in purchasing / donating. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST